Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Being a Judgemental Jenny

     I would like to take a brief moment and be completely judgmental. I try to keep up with several blogs on cooking and the Paleo lifestyle. Although I thoroughly enjoy reading these posts and trying out new recipes, I have found that sometimes the writing can be lacking. I, myself am not a professional writer and consequently try my best to review my posts before publishing them. If journalism taught me anything it was how to write with style and how to write for your audience. I understand that by putting my opinion on an open forum that I am opening myself up to public opinion and criticism. That doesn't mean I will allow my writing to suffer by coming off as prickly or abrasive.

     This morning, I was perusing OMGPaleo.com because I think she is funny, witty, and her food pictures make me drool. I noticed that once again she was on a tangent about how she doesn't care what people think about her life choices etc. It must be hard to read negative comments that dissect your everyday life from absolute strangers. Maybe that is why her posts sound more defensive than educational or even funny. I realize that I now sound like the masses who hate on this food blogger. But at some point I think a great blogger Must Be Able to Write Well and Effectively. We aren't competing for a Pulitzer Prize but don't let the opinions of a few undermine how you come across in your writing.

      Everyone has an opinion good, bad, idiotic whatever. Everyone feels incredibly comfortable in expressing their dire hatred for things and people on the internet. Don't allow jackholes the chance to change you as person or a writer. I miss OMGPaleo's funny banter and could frankly use less of this defensive and irate writing. I totally get that you don't give a flying f**** about anyone's opinion. Now can we get back to having fun and eating a lot of food?

      Sincerely, The Tiny Viking

No comments:

Post a Comment