Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I think we need to talk

    It has been almost three months that I have been in physical therapy. I think it is time to take my relationship up a notch with my physical therapist. Maybe I need more freedom to do what I want, I feel much more secure with myself. Add more weight to my leg raises, give me a challenge, and let's start some balancing exercises. I can be the worst kind of patient because I have a tendency to tug at the bit and go full throttle like a freight train. My PT team have been great at keeping me in line but now I am feeling better and really want to get stronger.

   This morning while on a coffee run at UTPB, I saw the girl's soccer team working out. Talk about inspiring me to want to live in the gym. All I can think about is getting my legs to look like they did pre-surgery. I understand that there is no true symmetry in nature but I want to get as close as possible. Let's hope my physical therapists agree to give me what I want. 

I need to add muscle but I also need cranberry Kombucha. Fermented tea makes everything better.


    After work I met up with a few girlfriends to get manicures/pedicures. Even though I had to fight traffic and got lost, it was worth the trip. The incredibly nice man who worked on my toes did a great job massaging my calves, and making my feet relax. Working out several times a week in tennis shoes is not conducive to making my feet look pretty. This man is the bombdiggitty and I am going back for a manicure next week.
The finished product :)!

Before manicure: not very cute feet with lemongrass lotion.            

No comments:

Post a Comment