Monday, April 28, 2014

Last Night of the Spring Semester

  

   Tonight was my last class of the semester with the One, the Only, Dr. Kiekbusch. Tonight is also the last class I will ever take with Dr. Kiekbusch because I graduate in December of 2014. Next semester I will take my last six hours of coursework with Dr. Hoskin. Class went on as usual with an intense discussion and a great guest speaker. Except that after tonight I won't have to be in class every Monday from 5:30-8:30 pm, no more papers about the chapter, and no more discussions. Also, I won't get to sit next to Ashley Doran anymore because this chick is graduating in May!

   My first M.A. class was held at CEED with Dr. Kiekbusch and that night I met Ashley. She was pretty feisty and outspoken even during that first class. Which is why I immediately liked her and knew that we would raise hell in whatever class we had together. And we did. We always sat next to each other, dominated the class discussion and always had a blast. Ashley is a very driven, kind, intelligent, outgoing, and kickass person. I cannot wait to see where her future will take her. I am so thankful that I met someone who could make me laugh even when I was crying. She always had a shoulder for me when I needed it and a big hug. I am a little sad that next semester I won't see her smiling face when I walk into my classroom, but I could not be more proud of all that she has accomplished. I will also miss her constantly saying "Oh Mylanta", and us sharing whatever food we brought to class to snack on. Thank you for always having my back, sharing my scholastic frustration, making me laugh, and especially for helping me to believe in myself. As we walked out of class tonight, I couldn't help but think back to all the memories we built over the years. I also remembered that my favorite class memories have you in them. CONGRATULATIONS ASHLEY :)!!!! I love you so much!!

I am so happy I met you!

No comments:

Post a Comment