Friday, April 25, 2014

Strut Your Stuff

   Ladies and gentleman I think we need to take a long look in the mirror and start accepting what we see. For most of my life I have railed against what I saw in the mirror and used a lot of negative self talk. Well, I am done with that bullshit. My body is under construction and I am making better food choices so that my body can perform like a well oiled machine. I am done comparing myself to Hollywood's version of sexy and envying thin models with huge boobs. I am not where I want to be yet but I am closer than I was yesterday. My legs can lift heavy things and walk many miles, my arms can hold me in a handstand pushup, my abs help to balance me as I perform a variety of daily tasks, and that is good enough for me.

   Do I want to be stronger and leaner? Hell Yes! Will I put in the work? Hell Yes! Will I beat myself up if I miss a gym day or drink a milkshake? Fuck No! Loving myself and eating what works for my body is more important than engaging in the latest diet fad. People like to negate the Paleo diet which has saved my guts. These same people think they are nutritionists and that I am slowly killing myself. I have learned to accept that these people don't understand the way I eat and that is OK. They won't stop me on my own personal journey due to their ignorance.

   Don't listen to those who want to bring you down because they are ignorant jerks. I am purchasing ear plugs in many different colors to tune out the naysayers.

This is what I am working with and it ain't too bad.  
Eyeliner and confidence help with my swagger.

No comments:

Post a Comment