Friday, August 29, 2014

My Fitness Pal

   I have to rave about this app that is on my phone and computer. My Fitness Pal is a wonderful and fun app to use whatever your fitness goals are. I heard about this app from YouTube sensation +JennaMarbles on her highly popular vlog channel. This app helps you track your food and exercise while helping you to reach your goals. For example, yesterday I didn't eat as much as I usually do and did not reach my caloric goal for the day. After inputting all my information the app told me this:

Based on your total calories consumed today, you are likely not eating enough
For safe weight loss, the National Institutes of Health recommends no less than 1000-1200 calories for women and 1200-1500 calories for men.
Even during weight loss, it's important to meet your body's basic nutrient and energy needs. Over time, not eating enough can lead to nutrient deficiencies, unpleasant side effects & other serious health problems.
    To safely meet your goals:
  • Focus on consuming nutrient-rich foods and beverages
  • Check your progress in MyFitnessPal throughout the day
  • Add nutritious snacks between meals as needed
   Isn't that too cool?! My Fitness Pal actually cares about me. Go check out the app and let me know what y'all think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment