Thursday, October 23, 2014

Honey, It's Time to Talk About Artificial Sweeteners

   I want to be honest and admit that I am a recovering Monster Rojo Tea drinker. The journey has been long and hard but I am trying to stay strong. It occurred to me this morning that quitting Monster might be difficult due to it's ingredients. The Great and Powerful Google gave me the bad news about one of my favorite drinks. My drink received a rating of C- but gained a few points due to its low caloric count. Then I found out why I want this drink so much, Acesulfame Potassium which is an artificial sweetener that makes food taste 180 to 200 times sweeter than normal. That explains a metric fuck ton. After ingesting this drink I always crave sugar and carbs which is a lovely side effect of artificial sweeteners. On paper this energy drink appears safe but in reality it needs to stay on the shelf and away from my grubby little hands. 

   My hubby Steven loves the lemonade/tea version of Monster but was saddened to learn that his favorite is even worse than mine. His drink of choice is overly processed and full of crazy coloring's and preservatives. It is time that we both walk away from this bad relationship and move on to better things. 








No comments:

Post a Comment