Monday, October 20, 2014

Wedding Bells and Dresses

   The wedding dress gods have spoken! My friend +Shawntee DesaRay Goff found her wedding  dress, Saturday October 18 and it couldn't be more perfect for her. Her family and I watched while a young woman was transformed into a princess with the help of the perfect dress and a sparkly veil. I couldn't help but think back to when I first met +Shawntee DesaRay Goff in an undergrad pysch class. At first I was insanely jealous of her gorgeous hair but with time I was able to look beyond the beautiful dark curls and see the equally beautiful woman within. This fabulous chick is a jeans and hoodie kind of gal who can rock a dress when asked. And yet when she stepped out in the first dress I was simply overcome by how utterly demure and elegant she looked. I cried like Kim Kardashian when she lost her $75,000 earring in the ocean.

   I am so thankful I was able to be a part of her special day. We saw +Shawntee DesaRay Goff in so many gorgeous gowns but the best was saved for last. I kept waiting for her to cry or have "the moment" but it took a very special dress with just enough sparkle and magic. I saw tears form in her eyes and I of course morphed back into Kim Kardashian. Right then it hit me that in a few short months she would be someone's wife and her last name would change. However, she will always be the sweet girl I met in psych class with the killer smile. Congratulations babe for finding The Dress and The Guy! Cheers!


Haters going to hate. 
XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment