Thursday, October 2, 2014

Smoothie to the Rescue

    Mornings can be rough when you aren't exactly happy to greet the dawn. The past several mornings I have not wanted to cook anything because that required energy that I didn't have. However, I do have a blender and a spare two minutes to scramble several ingredients together to make a smoothie. This morning my addled brain actually came up with something delicious for breakfast. I set out Betty my blender and threw in chocolate protein powder, frozen strawberries, chia seeds, water, and vanilla espresso mocha almond butter. The end result made me so happy and satiated which is incredibly important in the mornings.
  
My super smoothie. 

   For this recipe use whatever protein powder you like, 1 TBS chia seeds, 1 Cup frozen fruit, 1 TBS almond butter, and 1 Cup water. Throw all ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix thoroughly. 

     This is the almond butter I used but any flavor will do. I found this brand at Sprouts which is located in Lubbock Texas as well as several other big cities. Happy smoothie making y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment