Friday, March 7, 2014

Blonde Moments and Mentally Correcting Other's People's Form in the Gym.

      While on the treadmill, bike, or elliptical machine I like to people watch. People working out with a private trainer are my favorite to view. From my perch I can spend several minutes mentally chastising a person using incorrect form while doing a: burpee, push-up, jump squat, etc. Bad form can be easily corrected if the personal trainer were paying attention to her clients. @OptimusPhysicalTherapy, there is a small gym with several great pieces of equipment that personal trainers utilize. One in particular did not notice that her trainee's had no clue in what they were doing. At times I would like to quietly walk over and gently say "You, Stop That" and then perform the move correctly. My knee surgery scars may be sexy but trust me, you do not want to earn them by using poor form.

        I had a blonde moment while throwing a ball against a trampoline and standing on a rubber foam brick. While swaying to and fro, it suddenly occurred to me that if I simply squeezed my left quad while bearing full weight, then my patella doesn't roam. Thursday morning I had quite the surprise when my patella popped back into correct alignment while standing on the foam brick. This most likely happened because I failed to utilize my left quad muscle...DUH!

       This weekend is my wonderful niece Anna's birthday and I am so excited to be in Lubbock tomorrow to celebrate with her. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :)!

                                                           Funny Friday



No comments:

Post a Comment