Sunday, March 2, 2014

My Weekend

   
    I had such a wonderful weekend with these two badass women. This weekend I was able to attend a Texas Blood Tracking seminar in Hamilton Texas. Hunters use dogs that have been certified to be Blood Trackers when an animal is wounded during a hunt, and needs to be found. The gorgeous pregnant woman in the picture is Bliss Lay and owns a Blue Lacy named Kiyah (Ki-Uh). A Lacey is a working dog that can track, bay, and herd cattle. They have boundless energy, are quite protective, and are hard workers.  Most of the dogs at the seminar were Blue Lacys, with one vizsla, one Rhodesian ridgeback, and a few terriers. All the dogs were beautiful and did a wonderful job at the seminar! I was so impressed with the dogs and the seminar that I would like to own a vizsla and train her for search and rescue.

   My knee performed above and beyond the call of duty this weekend. No swelling, little pain, and great stability despite walking around for 10 hours with the dogs and working on rough terrain. Good job Hertha! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend :)!

   





  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment