Monday, May 26, 2014

"Damn Fine Chicken"

  
   Thank God we are still getting rain! Today has been utterly delightful because our weather took its meds and is now cooperating. The sky has been full of big rain clouds and there is a slight chill in the air which is very unusual. I love cooking and lounging on rainy days. Did I get out of my adorable pj's? Hell No! I wore no makeup and didn't change my clothes which is freaking wonderful. I did get laundry done and cooked a few meals for this week. Did I mention that it has been raining?

   For dinner I made Michelle Tam's (Nom Nom Paleo) damn fine chicken and damn was it fine! I fed myself, Steven, and my brother in law Mark. Now I know I can tackle world peace, I did just make a totally rad dinner. This meal is very easy and quite tasty. After I let the chicken marinate for about 5 hours I popped it into the oven at 375 for 45 minutes. The chicken was plated with green beans and disappeared quite rapidly. I needed an easy meal because my sweet husband was in bed with an end of the world migraine. Tending to a sick spouse does not leave much time to make magic in the kitchen Julia Child style. Steven began to perk up around 7:45 pm and devoured the chicken and green beans which must mean he will live. I am not a doctor but I have hope.

The ingredients that I used in the marinade.
Chicken resting in its marinade bath.

Dinner is served.

Rainy days are my favorite.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment