Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Whole30 Day 1

    Yesterday I spent hours researching migraine triggers related to food. A simple sausage sandwich from Starbucks caused my husband to have the Mother of all migraines. Forty five minutes after he ingested this tasty morsel his headache began thumping inside his brain. Through my research I found that people prone to migraines should not eat sausage. His migraine lasted from noon till 7:45 pm with all the fun things that a migraine can bring. Nausea, light sensitivity, raging pain, and wanting to wallow in bed for several hours. I, being a wonderful and caring wife have come up with a plan!

    We have started the Whole30 protocol this morning and I am uber excited. This protocol is basically a food elimination system which should help us to track Steven's triggers. The only goal for the next month is to get a handle on Steven's migraines. Steven's migraines have a genetic component which means that they are here to stay. However, I am done watching my husband suffer. For the next thirty days there will be no grains, alcohol, added sugar, no dairy, no white potatoes, no MSG, and no baked goods. Also, no whining or cheating. There will be a ton of protein, vegetables, and some fruit.

  
   From my extensive reading I know that the next thirty days will have highs and lows but it is time to suck it up buttercup. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment