Monday, May 12, 2014

Why Be Good When You Can Be Great?

   

   This semester I was able to show myself that I could fight my way out of hell inch by inch. In spite of everything I was able to succeed and make myself proud at the end of the day. I spent weekends reading pages and pages of material, writing papers, organizing presentations, and reading some more. I hardly saw my friends or family but it was all worth it. My computer became my best friend because I used it to research and write up papers so often. But it was all worth it. I was going through a lot emotionally and I still kept pushing forward. I drank too much coffee, I put in hundreds of hours at the library, and I paid attention in class. But it was all worth it. After checking my grades and seeing that I made straight A's, I cried for 5 minutes while staring at the screen. Those two classes meant the world to me and were more precious than money, sleep, or partying. Those two classes signified that all my hard work meant something. Why be good when you can be great?

   For those of you in school, starting a new job, or making any type of change the hard work is worth it. Don't stop due to a small hurdle or a change in the plan. Don't quit. Keep pushing forward despite the odds! The odds were not in my favor this semester and I still succeeded because I refused to quit. I believe a person can be as successful as they want to be because it comes down to choice. So, what will you do?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment