Saturday, May 24, 2014

It Finally Rained

   When you make plans God laughs and sometimes even has a guffaw at our expense. For two weeks I have been planning to lay out poolside with my friend Kelsey and several magazines. 10 AM the sun was starting to peek through, 10:45 AM the temperature is dropping slightly and the wind picked up, 11:15 AM no sun and tons of massive rain clouds with lots of wind. Bah Humbug!!!!!!

   OK my temper tantrum is over, thank you for your patience. Let's talk about food!

This is great for our parched town and I do love a cloudy day but not when it interferes with me getting a tan.

Beef sausage over a gorgeous bed of broccoli.

This was poured over my broccoli :).
   On the weekends I am lazy about food, the carhops at Sonic know me by name. Unfortunately, the school semester is over which means I have no more excuses for my occasional splurges. This morning I did at least cook my own breakfast in a kitchen and there were no carhops involved. I heated up some all beef sausage and then cooked up broccoli with Tessemae's Lemon Garlic dressing and sprinkled black pepper on top of the broccoli. Dear Lord this breakfast always hits the spot, is easy, and delicious. I can still be fed with great food and be lazy with this meal! Hooray! Happy Memorial Day Weekend Y'all.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment