Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Happy 4th of July

     We spent the fourth of July in Phoenix AZ with family and had such a relaxing weekend. Driving into town last Thursday we were met with a massive thunderstorm. Looking out of the driver side window I saw this curtain of sand blowing across the desert. The scene reminded me of the movie The Mummy,when the sandstorm erupts and the bad guy's face appears in the sand. Throw in lightening and rain and that was what greeted us as our car sped into town.
This was similar to the epic sandstorm I saw.
    The storm did not let up until we got into the outskirts of Phoenix and I am surprised our car did not float away. Steven got us into town safely with his badass driving skills while I sat in the passenger seat and worriedly prayed. After surviving the storm we celebrated the only way you can in Phoenix. We ate dinner at In & Out. 
   The best thing about last weekend was that we hardly did anything but hang out with family and relax. I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment