Saturday, July 12, 2014

My Knee Works!

   Anyone who has had to undergo several knee surgeries can attest to the excitement of their limbs working normally. For example, tonight at the grocery store I dropped my pen and instinctively squatted down to pick it up. As I stood up it occurred to me that 10 months ago I could not have squatted down to pick up a $100 bill let alone a pen. Holy cow my knee can do things that a normal knee can with no pain or difficulty. I would like to take a moment and apologize to my husband for being a hardcore brat during PT. All the hours spent in the gym, the ice baths, feeling like crap, the ugly stitches, and pain were well worth it. That one moment in HEB helped me to realize just how far I have come since December 2013. I can ride in a car for 10 hours with no knee pain and I can hike up steep inclines with stability and control. With all that being said I am pretty confident that I can bring about world peace.

   I am so happy that tomorrow morning I am making lemon muffins with raspberry swirl and eggs with chorizo. Accomplishments should always be celebrated with baking and adorable cooking aprons. What accomplishments are y'all most proud of and how did you celebrate them?



No comments:

Post a Comment