Monday, July 21, 2014

Spicy Burgers and Boxing

    
    Last Saturday I decided to step back into a boxing ring. For the past few weeks I have been training a good friend of mine who wants to compete for a spot in the World Open of tae kwon do. As I would leave from each training session I would wonder how it would feel to punch a bag again, to spar someone in the ring, and hear the bell go off for another round. My friend and his father built their gym from the ground up and it is amazing. Every time I walk in, it feels like coming home. For a good chunk of my life kickboxing and tae kwon do were all I thought about. So last Saturday I put on a pair of gloves and did 12 rounds of bag work 3 minutes per round. It is Monday evening and I am still a little sore. It was totally worth it. I wore my ACL brace and felt in control and strong with no pain in my knee. The patella itself stayed put even when I would pivot with a right cross. Cadaver ACL's are where it's at. I plan on only doing bag work and mitts twice a week to give my leg plenty of time to rest between each session. Gotta be careful kids! 

  Tonight's meal was very easy to make and contained chorizo which makes my heart happy. Must be a Texas thing but I like to use chorizo in several dishes. I made hamburger patties of half chorizo and half beef. After they were done cooking I plated each burger with green beans and a simple salad of greens and tomatoes. This dish was so filling and very delicious. I find it to be quite an accomplishment when I can get dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less. Winning!



No comments:

Post a Comment