Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Productive Day at Natural Grocers

   I seriously cannot be left alone in Natural Grocers. My husband wanted a burrito from Freebirds in Midland and Natural Grocers just happens to be next door. Driving all the way to Midland after a long day did not sound fun. However, an ice cold kombucha from Natural Grocers made the trip worth it. As I walked around the store several items jumped into my basket. For example, I was beyond excited to find Dang Coconut Chips for only $3.65. A few months back I saw a post about them on Instagram and wanted to try them for myself. Whole Foods in Santa Fe, NM was selling them for $10.99 so I put them back on the shelf. I just cannot pay for a small bag of coconut chips that stupidly expensive. Today I bought 2 for less than $10, winning! These coconut chips are worth the trip to Midland y'all.

   Being in grad school can be stressful but a hot bath can make a bad day better. In the bath and beauty aisle I found mineral bath salts scented with geranium, lavender and roses. Cannot wait to light a few candles and escape in a hot bath with these salts.

   I also found Tom's aluminum free deodorant scented in refreshing lemongrass. I started using Tom's after a hair analysis showed that my aluminum levels were off the charts. Natural odor protection that won't harm me is worth buying in bulk. Tom's has several scents that are not harsh and overwhelming.

  

   Last but not least I want to write about what I actually went to Natural Grocers for, kombucha. This wonderful fermented tea had me addicted while I was living in VA. After moving here I could not find this stuff until I started shopping at Natural Grocers. Of course I also bought several different flavors of tea and a bottle of espresso coconut coffee. 

Yerba Mate tea has a little caffeine and tons of flavor. 
 

Cranberry kombucha is my favorite flavor, Steaz green tea is a new product I found today. 
   I think today was a productive shopping day even though I bought more than I intended. However, I am very excited to try the new green tea I found flavored with lime and pomegranate. Good evening y'all, I have some de-stressing to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment