Sunday, September 14, 2014

Restaurant Review: The Settles Hotel


   It is a Johnson family tradition to never celebrate a birthday or holiday on time. My mom is a pediatric nurse, my brother Nathan is an ER nurse, my oldest brother Zach is a homicide detective, and my dad oversees the blood bank. Basically everyone can be called to an emergency at the drop of a hat. So we all celebrated my birthday last night at an historic hotel in Big Spring, Texas called the Settles hotel. It is a swanky place that was originally built in the 1930's. We started with an appetizer of roasted meatballs in a marinara sauce that wasn't very appetizing. I love meatballs in a smoky sauce but I found these to be lacking. I am pretty sure I could have made a better product in my own kitchen.
  Along with the meatballs I ordered a minted lemonade which was Divine! This drink was so splendidly good I ordered two.


   Thankfully, dinner more than made up for the appetizer. Steven and I both ordered the New York strip steak with garlic mashed potatoes and bourbon onions. I added mac & cheese onto my meal because I can be a glutton at my birthday dinner. The meat was cooked just right and the potatoes were a succulent mash of loveliness. The mac & cheese was very decadent and creamy.  I ate everything on my plate. No shame in my game!



   Happy Birthday dinner to me!!! The food, and company was just what I wanted after a long week of working two jobs and busting my ass in school. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Waiting for the family at the entrance to the hotel. 


Me and my daddy before our food coma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment