Sunday, September 21, 2014

Yoga Love and My Cadaver ACL

   Good evening y'all! I just spent almost 8 hours playing catch up with one of my online classes. Yes, you read that correctly and no I am not a dumb blonde. There is so much reading and outside research that usually  my whole weekend is dedicated to homework. To get away from the homework I traipsed off to Target, my place of zen. While wandering around I came across the Halloween section, hooray! Halloween is my favorite holiday and I like to decorate my dwelling and dress up. I am trying to hold off on decorating until the end of September but damn it's hard. My strength wavered when I found the dish towels. My husband is smart enough that upon seeing them in the Target bag simply said, "Well, we do need dish towels". Good job dear.
   


   How could I pass these cute towels up? I love seeing them in my kitchen and cannot wait to buy a few Halloween themed candles from Bath & Body Works. 

   After I got caught up with my articles for class I decided to play catch up with the yoga challenge on Instagram called #beautifulbodiesyoga. I find the yogis I follow on Instagram so inspiring and graceful. They inspire me to try new poses and not give up when a certain pose challenges me. While scrolling through pictures of yogis I found a chick (M_MIJARES_LO) who posted a picture of herself in flamingo pose. Holy hell, she made this pose look so cool that I immediately tried it and realized that this pose will take some practice. I couldn't help but laugh at how awkward I felt in this pose, which makes me want to keep working on it. 


   The pictures that follow are the litany of some of the poses I posted to Instagram today. 
Wild Thing Pose
  
Crow Pose, assisted by the wall

Tree Pose variation, @busybodyyogi inspired me to try this pose. 
 
King Pigeon Pose

Downward Facing Dog Pose 

Warrior Three Pose 
    I love yoga for helping me deal with stress, making me feel beautiful and strong, and centered. This time last year I had a lot of trouble getting into these poses. Thanks to a cadaver ACL and Dr. Cochran I once again can enjoy the benefits of yoga. Thank You to All organ donors but I am especially grateful to the soul who gave me my new ACL. This new ligament gave me a second chance at life and countless moments of sheer joy when I loudly exclaim "look what I can do!". Yoga On Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment