Monday, December 23, 2013

A little help from my friends

     A great medicine is to have wonderful friends visit you. +Shawntee DesaRay Goff has become like a sister and I see her friendship as a blessing upon my life. First week post-op after an ACL transplant will usually suck and involve lots of resting and pain meds. Thankfully my darling +Shawntee DesaRay Goff decided to come see me while she was out traveling the vastness known as Texas.

     Her visit entailed us watching a great TV series called Dollhouse on Netflix, y'all need to check it out pronto. This woman is my cup of tea simply because she laughs at my terrible jokes, cuddles with me while I am sick/pain, and will watch TV for 4 straight hours without complaint. I am way too envious of her awesome Texas hair and her ability to make anyone feel comfortable while in her presence. +Shawntee DesaRay Goff made being stuck in my CPM unit suck a little less because all she wanted was to hang out with me. To have a person be content just to be in your medicated presence is a wonderful gift. She puts up with my many moods, intense soap box sermons, and accepts all that is me. Thanks for being amazing sis :).

Reunion time :)

Umm yeah we are adults in graduate school.

No comments:

Post a Comment