Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Very Special Christmas Gift

     The day I sat down with Dr. Cochran to go over my MRI results left me devastated and dumbfounded. My scans showed my ACL to be torn and loose, my meniscus was badly damaged, several bone spurs had sprouted, and the tunneling where the ACL lies was completely degraded. Basically, there was more wrong than right about my knee. I was madder than a wet hen at the thought of more surgery. During recovery from my first transplant I was a great patient and took very good care of my new ligament. Dr. Cochran thankfully is a badass with a scalpel and was confident that he could fix my knee.

     Dr. Cochran was able to replace my ACL, build new tunnels, trim my meniscus, and implant high grade plastic screws and a pin.  My knee is a much healthier specimen and looks showroom new. My parents, Steven, Dr. Cochran and my nurses gave me a most precious gift. The gift of a more normal life is something quite wonderful. Recovery from this second operation has been much easier than the first. I cannot wait to hop back on a paddle board and enjoy life again.



No comments:

Post a Comment