Sunday, December 22, 2013

What I told the guy in the next bed at PT

     I try very hard to be the sweet southern girl my mama raised me to be. However, sometimes my southern gentility flies right out the window. For example, during physical therapy I am usually focused on my leg raises and very nice to all the therapists and assistants. then this guy in the next bed begins complaining that he was given too much work to do at PT. Seriously? You have the gall to complain to me that you hate PT and no one is helping you? At the time I was only a few days  post-op and no one was helping me out. I sincerely believe that PT is what you make of it. If you can go forth with a positive attitude and a gracious heart, then the experience will be better. I understand that pain can change us in drastic ways. I also understand that people experience and handle pain and life hurdles differently. That being said, man in the next bed, do what your told with a smile on your face. Any exercise post-op will hurt/be uncomfortable which is why PT Sucks. At least try to do your exercises and stop sassing everyone in the joint.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment