Thursday, December 19, 2013

Hey Ya'll

    I decided to start blogging when I found out that I would need a second ACL transplant and partial medial meniscectomy. Even though I have been an athlete since I was young, I didn't know anyone else who had undergone this procedure. This blog will give you a window into the world of recovery from this operation and how I am trying to remain healthy and optimistic. My crazy family and wonderful friends are along for the ride. I live in a smallish dusty West Texas Town that is brimming with grannies carrying guns, and pompous oil tycoons with bad taste.

    My name is Elizabeth Larizza and I am a graduate student at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin (UTPB) studying Criminal Justice Administration.I received my B.A. in Criminology from UTPB as well. I love being active and trying new things that get my adrenaline running. My first ACL transplant was due to my tearing the ligament from training for a fight. I thoroughly enjoyed full contact kickboxing and competitive Tae Kwon Do. On the opposite end of the active spectrum I taught yoga and regularly attended hot yoga classes. I am married to a very adorable version of Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory who indulges me in my reading obsession. Steven (the adorable husband) is funny, kind, incredibly smart, and helps me see the good in the world.

     I will write about the good, the bad, and ridiculous world that is physical therapy. My mutt Catfish might have a cameo occasionally as well as my prissy American pit bull Bindi Sue. I will also document my foray into eating paleo and leading a healthier life amongst the oil derricks. Let's go y'all!

  Me and Steven- Howdy Ya'll

     

No comments:

Post a Comment