Sunday, January 12, 2014

Friday at PT

Both my PTA's now want to read this book :).

   When i go to PT I always take headphones and a book to keep me company. Listening to music during my workout keeps me focused on form and not on pain. I am a sucker for a good read and a book comes in handy when I am on the bike or hooked up to E-Stem with ice. Last week I took two different books to PT and did not expect the excited reactions out of Zach and Kenneth (physical therapy assistants). As I am reading my book on torture both PTA's are looking over my shoulder asking a million questions about what I am reading. I couldn't help but giggle with delight as these two guys became ever more engrossed with my book.
   As a graduate student I will have an exit interview in front of a panel of professors in the criminology field. So, to start preparing for this interview I have started reading about two subjects. 1) being torture/interrogation tactics from the Cold War vs what is being done today and 2) Teen behavior and the law.

     The second book I brought was merely for fun reading. It's a book written by a woman who was married to a psychopath for nearly nine years. This courageous woman also changed the divorce law in California, so that victim's of spousal abuse do not have to pay alimony or lawyer's fees for their attacker. Both books are great reads and I highly recommend everyone to check them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment