Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Dear Swelling, I'm not fond of you

     Today is the first day of 2014 and I am spending the day icing and elevating my leg to reduce more swelling. Oh joy. I am so excited. This day cannot get any better.

     So to combat utter boredom and save my leg I am watching Paranormal Activity while my leg is covered in blue ice packs. Not many people can handle how fun I am. My better half is playing World of Warcraft blowing things up on the back of a dragon. If you haven't watched the WOW spoof South Park did, you must check it out. That episode is one of my favorites simply because they weren't too far off the mark with how ridiculous people can be about this game. I tolerate my husband playing for hours because it makes him happy and keeps him out of trouble. To each their own.

     My physical therapists have scaled back my exercises to help alleviate the swelling that refuses to go away. My knee looks pregnant and I'm convinced we are having a girl. During PT I am allowed to perform all the exercises that take place on the table I lie on. For example, heel slides, straight leg raises, etc. This is boring but at least I get to get out of the house for awhile.

Swollen left foot (surgical leg)

Normal right foot

My pregnant knee. Oh the wonders of Nature ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment